External Advert Announcement 26/06/2022: Loans Officer And Loans Assistant
UMA SACCO Ltd, is a Savings and Credit Cooperative Society for Medical Doctors in
Uganda which was established following a resolution of the Uganda Medical Association
(U.M.A) AGM of June 2011 in line with the Cooperative Societies Act CAP 112 and the
Cooperative Societies Regulations 1993 with a vision of “A highly ethical and socioeconomically empowered society of medical doctors in Uganda”. UMA SACCO has
its Head Office in Kampala but extends services to all members wherever they may be,
in and out of Uganda
Full Time UMA SACCO Level 2
Head Office Kampala
2 Years Renewable
25 - 40 Years
1. Develop and maintain effective and cost-effective policies and procedures to achieve target portfolio size while managing credit risk.
a. Set credit management policies and procedures to ensure that loans are granted based on technical criteria and that follow-up on late payment is prompt and effective.
b. Oversee training and information dissemination to ensure that creditstaff understands policies and procedures.
2. Oversee loan approval processes to achieve agreed-upon targets.
a. Propose allocation of loan funds according to available products
b. Ensure that the SACCO approves loans on the basis of existing policies and procedures.
c. Ensure proper scrutiny and preparation of loan applications and agreements and repayment schedules.
d. Sample check the accuracy of interest calculation on loans and act upon discrepancies discovered.
e. Arrange Credit Sub-Committee meetings and guide the sub-committee to approve loans based on policies and procedures.
f. Report on the loan portfolio
3. Ensure delinquent loan recovery processes meet targets.
a. Follow up on overdue loans and debts for proper recoveries.
b. Oversee those late payments are followed up promptly andeffectively.
Full Time UMA SACCO Level 3
Head Office Kampala
2 Years Renewable
23 – 28 Years
- Ensure proper bookkeeping of all loan-related transactions.
- Prepare and share loan repayments schedules with new loan borrowers on a
- To prepare accurate, consistent, reliable and timely reports of loan applications,
approvals, declined and disbursed loans for internal use.
- Update the online system with all loan applications.
- Ensure that all presented loans have the right information, complete
documentation, and filed for safe custody.
- Prepare accurate Loans Subcommittee meeting minutes on a timely basis.
- Perform pre-closing tasks, including verifying legal name of entity, reviewing
organizational documents to determine authorized signatories.
- Answer credit line and takes customer inquiries
- Special projects/tasks as may be deemed necessary as needs arise
- Follow up on file exceptions and perform monitoring of files for outstanding items
from Credit Approval.
- Degree holder in commerce, economics, business administration or a related
- Training in credit management is an added advantage
- Computer literate with proficiency in word, excel, PowerPoint and basic computer
- 2+ Years of experience with credit and clerical duties
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and maintain a strong focus on
quality, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Strong Analytical and Organizational Skills
All interested applicants should send a one document cover letter and CV to The Manager, UMA SACCO Ltd, P.O.Box 2243 Kampala. On email email@example.com CLEARLY INDICATE THE POSITION APPLIED FOR ON THE SUBJECT LINE
All attachments should be in one document either word or PDF format not exceeding 10Mbs.
No hard copy applications will be received
Deadline 16th June 2022 11:59 pm